Sioux Nation Ag Center is looking for a full time Veterinary Assistant/Technician to work alongside our DVMs during farm calls, performing all aspects of cattle care. The Veterinary Assistant/Technician will also perform some work with horses, small ruminants and small animals. Previous experience working with large animals is required, and a Veterinary Tech/Assistant certification is desired, but not required.
This person should enjoy working with cattle and large animals and possess great customer interaction skills as most of the workday will be spent around producers. A friendly, flexible personality would be an asset to this position. The Veterinary Assistant/Technician will spend most of the workday on his/her feet and moving around. Other duties for this position will occasionally include some office assistance, such as billing, keeping up the office, and helping customers with inside sales.
Veterinary Assistant/Technician Responsibilities:
- Moving cattle into and out of alleys, pens and chutes
- Administering vaccinations
- Inserting ear tags
- Assisting with animal restraint and handling during appointments, surgeries and other procedures
- Assisting with and run laboratory tests
- Client communications including phone calls, discharge, history, record keeping, appointments, and education
- Working with team members to maintain a healthy clinic and work atmosphere
- Assisting with inventory maintenance
- Performing general front office tasks
- Other duties as assigned and as experience is gained
A good candidate is someone who is
- Motivated and excited to work and learn new things
- Comfortable working with people and animals
- Has good people and communication skills
- Willing to follow direction
- Able to lift 50 pounds and spend most of the workday on their feet
Compensation for this full-time position is competitive and includes a benefit package.
Sioux Nation Ag Center values the team approach to helping its customers succeed, and we hire candidates who understand that our success is measured by the success of our producers. If you are interested in working for a company with these principles for success, you could be the person we are looking for! Submit resume and/or complete application below.