Sioux Nation Ag Center is looking for a self-motivated person to fill the full-time field marketer position in the Chamberlain, SD area.
Within the service model of Sioux Nation Ag Center, the Field Marketer is considered the “point person” for customers to contact with their needs. Along with responding to customer contacts, the Field Marketer develops a business plan for his/her territory to initiate contact with existing and potential customers. The Field Marketer will help customers identify their needs, recommend appropriate products and services, and strengthen the relationship with customers by providing the added value of additional follow up support to customers.
Duties include the following:
- Manage, sell and service assigned customers, developing strong, long term relationships with them.
- Represent Sioux Nation in a professional manner in both appearance, communications, and activities.
- Work with the Sales Director to develop a business plan with reasonable goals to grow market share in the assigned territory.
- Monitor business conditions and continually identify emerging opportunities.
- Continually expand knowledge on Sioux Nation products, services, programs, and relevant technology through educational opportunities, collaborating with staff and networking with manufacturer representatives.
- Demonstrate proficiency using Sioux Nation computer programs and apps deemed necessary to effectively perform job duties
- Coordinate field marketing efforts with nutritionists, veterinarians and retail store personnel for the best possible customer experience.
- Understand and support Sioux Nation corporate goals, strategies, values, and mission.
- Solid understanding of production agriculture and markets
- Self-motivated and strong desire to achieve goals
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to personalize selling to individual customer situations
- Strong customer service and customer relation building skills
- Time management, prioritization, planning, and organizational skills
- Works well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Appropriate professional dress and grooming
Sioux Nation Ag Center values the team approach to helping its customers succeed, and we hire candidates who understand that our success is measured by the success of our producers. If you are interested in working for a company with these principles for success, please post a resume.