• Concordia College, Moorhead, MN Bachelors of Arts in Biology
• Teach for America Corps Member 2009, Rosebud Indian Reservation
• Iowa State University, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
• Poultry medicine – Turkey, broilers, layers, pheasants, geese, and ducks
• Poultry management
• Poultry education
• Biosecurity Audits
• Probiotic, essential oils, non-traditional poultry medicine
• Biologics field trial design
• Flock health from 10 birds to 10 million birds
• Licensed in ND, SD, MN, IA
Dr. Baldwin grew up outside of Fargo, ND where he developed an interest in avian medicine and management. He graduated from Iowa State University in May of 2016 with his DVM. Although a recent graduate, he is not a newcomer to poultry medicine. During his time in veterinary school he spent time with major integrators in broilers, layers, turkeys, and ducks. Some notable poultry externships include: Butterball, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Sanderson Farms, GNP, Nicholas, Phibro Animal Health, Cargill, Aviagen Turkeys, and multiple state diagnostic laboratories across the country. Beyond the poultry realm, Dr. Baldwin has spent time working with the Swine Medicine Education Center, Boehringer Ingelheim Biologics, and the Department of Toxicology at Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. He has been published multiple times on his novel research using infrared thermography.
Dr. Baldwin is committed to being a member of the poultry community and local community. In his spare time he likes to play ice hockey, work out, mentor students interested in avian production, be an active member of the Sioux Falls Young Professional organization, and volunteer at the local animal shelters.
If you have any questions about your flock, do not hesitate to use his skillset to help you grow the best birds possible.